Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who me?

We just returned late this afternoon from attending out Northeastern District & Prayer Conference held in South Glens Falls, NY. It was amazingly hot weather (unbearable almost) but thankfully the Pine Knolls Alliance Church is air conditioned and endurable when inside. I wanted to just stay there all the time instead of sleeping where there was no a/c or riding in our van since the a/c died a few weeks ago....NOT good for a person who absolutely hates heat. I'll take the white stuff any day! I always say that people can put on more clothes to keep warm, but you can't take your skin off to get cool. :-) We had a wonderful time at conference though, including a beautiful dinner cruise on Lake George complete with Dr. and Mrs. A.B. Simpson and A.W. Tozer and his wife....both in person. We even got their autographs....it was so cool! The meal was scrumptuous and the fellowship great too. The Martins outdid themselves in planning this and the program that was presented as well. It was exciting to hear about church health and steps being taken to plant churches. The health seminars were well done and lots of 'food for thought and challenge'. Good job seminar speakers! Thanks for challenging all of us. Elections this year were a bit unnerving to me since I was elected as our NE District's Alliance Women Ministries Director. Who me? Yes the Lord said as I tried to hear another answer when praying about it, asking my honey and our adult children what they felt about it and there were no closed doors. I am excited, but at the same time a little nervous about this commitment time-wise, energy-wise, activity-wise and being stretched by Jesus to serve Him in this capacity. I would appreciate all your prayers on my behalf as I endeavor to be a "serving leader" in this new position and to encourage ladies all over our district to get on our women minsitries team in their churches so we can be a huge support to each other as well as all our district missionaries and overseas workers. We're ALL working for the same end in evangelizing and bringing souls to Jesus. Thanks for your prayers as I lead with God's help and wisdom!

No comments: